Season 1, Episode 21: Donny
- Sometimes people act like rude jerks but they’re actually really sensitive inside.
- Empathy is really important. It means putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and imagining how what you’re doing makes them feel. It doesn’t come naturally to everyone.
- There are worse things than someone being obnoxious.
- Sometimes there’s no good solution and you have to go with the lesser of two evils.
- Sometimes something in nature can look cruel, but in fact it’s part of the cycle of nature.
- You really ought to wear pants.
Season 1, Episode 22: Henchman
- Sometimes people seem bad but they’re really just quirky or weird. You have to get to know someone before you judge them.
Season 1, Episode 23: Rainy Day Daydream
- Imagination is pretty sweet and you can do anything in your imagination! It is not childish or immature to use your imagination. It’s fun and awesome.
- When it’s raining outside, there are better things you can do than sitting on your butt playing video games.
Season 1, Episode 24: What Have You Done?
- You shouldn’t blindly follow orders without thinking about what you’re doing or asking why. Especially when that means hurting someone.
- You can’t put someone in prison without charging them with a crime.
- If someone, even a good guy, wrongfully imprisons someone, that makes them the bad guy in that situation, and they’re the one who belongs in jail.
- You should trust your friends, and expect your friends to trust you, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to explain or justify your actions.
- You can often use psychology instead of force to solve problems with a difficult person.
Season 1, Episode 25: His Hero
- Even serious heroes can get depressed and lose hope, especially as they get older. People can get jaded and cynical.
- Life can feel hopeless. You clean something up and it gets dirty again. You stop one bad thing, and another bad thing happens in its place. But you can’t give up. It’s still worth doing good things, in whatever way you are able.
- Everyone’s got things they’re good at and things they’re not good at. Embrace your talents and what you love, even if other people say it’s a waste of time.
- “Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.”
- Don’t let other people’s negativity bring you down.
- The great hero in this episode has a speech impediment. Things like speech impediments don’t make anyone any less awesome or tough.
Season 1, Episode 26: Gut Grinder
- You can’t convict someone of a crime, or punish them for it, without proof.
- Doggies love belly rubs.
- If people tell you you’re a certain type of person for long enough, you might start to become or act like that type of person, even if it’s not in your nature and that’s not who you want to be.
That’s all for season 1! Season 2 coming soon!